Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Reading Response

8/17 - pp. x-15 - 45 minutes
8/19 - pp. 15-23 - 15 minutes
8/20 - pp. 23-39 - 40 minutes
8/20 - pp. 39-43 - 10 minutes
8/21 - pp. 43-51 - 15 minutes
8/24 - pp. 51-62 - 25 minutes
8/27 - pp. 62-66 - 10 minutes          


            I am currently reading Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow. Where I am in the book, he is talking about what he did when he was a kid. One of the things I have noticed about his writing style is that he doen't use quotes a lot, but instead he tells the reader what was going on in his head. I find that this can make the book a little less interesting to read because if you here the same kind of thing over and over again, it can get a little boring. Even though he does this, it is still pretty interesting to find out more about Tim Tebow and his childhood.                                                                        
            One of the things I like about this book is that he goes into very deep detail while telling his stories. He goes through the story of his life telling the little and big things that happened to him. This allows the reader to get a really good feel of how he looks at things and how he lives. Over all, I have enjoyed the book so far.

2 comments:

  1. Two good posts, Bennett. I like your approach to the reading response, pointing out something you don't like about the writing style and why, and then something you do. I also like that you think about the effect of these choices on you as a reader. Your defense of school uniforms offers two strong reasons and explanations, and you have good conventions in both posts. One thing that would make these posts even stronger is bringing out your voice and personality a bit more and choosing vivid words.

    ReplyDelete