Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Nervous Conditions: Chapter 1

           In Chapter One, I felt that I got familiar with the narrator and what kind of person she was. She seems like a confident person who will stand up for herself if she needs to. This chapter also told about her family and how her life was. She was living in poverty and her family grew crops to make money.
            Although I learned a lot in reading this chapter, I got confused sometimes while reading it. There were a lot of strange names to learn and remember. I think the purpose of this chapter was to give little bits of background information and set the stage of the story for the reader. It gave an overview of what was going on in the narrators life.

1 comment:

  1. Bennett, you do a really nice job with your blog responses overall, keeping your focus on analysis and response rather than telling the story. I hope these have been useful in your work with the book.

    ReplyDelete