Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Good Time of Year

            There are two things that I get excited about when the weather starts to get cooler: football season and duck hunting. Once the temperature starts to get below the 90s, you know the time for these to things is just around the corner. I am even more excited about duck hunting season than usaul because we might be getting a great new lease to hunt on for this year. My dad, little brother, and I may have to build our own blind for the lease. I think that would be very fun.
            I have been duck hunting with my dad since I was a little kid. It is my favorite thing to do with him. He gave me my first shotgun when I was six, and I shot my first duck when I was seven. Duck hunting got even more fun when my brother got old enough to come with us. In the duck blind, it feels like you have no other worries at all and you can just forget about everything for a while. It is such a great activity to do with your family in my opinion, and the duck meat tastes great, too.

2 comments:

  1. Just to tell you, I would not, under any circumstances give a six year old a shotgun. Other than that, your post is pretty interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a big hunter and ever since I was little it has been my passion. I too was introduced to hunting at a young age and I have loved it ever since.

    ReplyDelete