Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Literacy Narrative

            I am writing my literacy narrative on a book I read last year, Coming Back Stronger by Drew Brees. I am going to write about my experience reading this book because it is a book that I can relate to personally. I can relate to it because I was born in New Orleans and moved to Baton Rouge because Hurricane Katrina flooded our house in New Orleans, and this is the period of time that this book takes place. Brees talks about Katrina and how it affected the city so much. I have also always been a big Saints fan, and Brees has always been my favorite player in the league.
            I am not really sure exactly how I am going to organize it yet. I also think it might be difficult to make it two full pages, but I think I will be able to. Once I start the paper, I will probably be able to keep expanding on specific points and make a god paper out of it.

4 comments:

  1. Bennett, remember that a key to a literacy narrative is storytelling and vivid detail. Do you have an idea of how you will incorporate those elements? It sounds like this would work really well as a reflective essay - make sure you can also make it work as a narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennet i thought that your narrative was really great. and it is making me think about reading Coming Back Stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea, and listening to your narrative it really came together. I liked your paper a lot, just make sure to be more descriptive and vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bennett, just about every guy ii know has read Coming back Stronger. Reading your post i have decided on reading it. Thanks for the breif tid bits not the whole summary.

    ReplyDelete