Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Week Off

            The first day of our week off of school, I was throwing a ball in my backyard with some friends. There is a wall of windows looking into the backyard from my house, so my dad said, "you can throw the ball, just don't throw it toward the windows." "Okay," we said. We didn't throw it toward the windows for a while, until I forgot about what my dad had said and hummed the ball at my friend standing by the window.
            Right when I let go, I realized I shouldn't have done it. I watched the ball sail at the windows, praying they wouldn't shatter. Just as the ball was about to hit the window, I closed my eyes and hoped it would be okay. To my relief and surprise, the window stayed intact. It would have been a bad time to break a window, right before a hurricane hit.

2 comments:

  1. Why hello there, John. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a broken window during that hurricane. It would have gotten all wet and nasty... and who knows? Maybe some debris could've flown in. You should count yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suspenseful! Work on adding more details to really make the scene come to life. Glad the window was ok.

    ReplyDelete