Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Different Expectations

           Different situations and places definitely can affect how I act. One example of this could be when I am playing tennis. If I am playing a school match against someone I don't know, I am expected to have good court etiquette and have god sportsmanship. I am not supposed to start yelling and smashing my racquet on the ground if I get frustrated. However, I might act differently if I was having and informal match for fun with a friend or family member. I wouldn't really have to act with such good etiquette, but I could just be a little bit more relaxed and just have fun. I wouldn't be under the pressure of representing my school.
            Another example of this could be going out to dinner at a restaurant. The quality of the restaurant would affect how I acted. If I were at somewhere like Subway, I wouldn't have to have such great manners. If I were at a nice steakhouse, however, I would be expected to have the napkin in my lap, to sit up straight, and things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment