Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Nervous Conditions: Chapter 10

            Tambu gets very deep into study at the Sacred Heart. She gets so into her work that she never even responds to Nyasha's letters. This surprised me because I thought Tambu would have been missing Nyasha and would definitely be writing her. At her school, there was more evidence of whites dominating blacks when the school had six beds in one room instead of just four, and they also only had four wardrobes for the six blacks. I could tell this bothered Babamukuru, but he didn't do too much about it.
            I thought it was pretty sad when Nyasha basically went crazy. She was under a lot of pressure in trying to impress her father and also Tambu being at such a higher level. I guess Nyasha won't be going to school for a while. I found that Babamukuru didn't even seem very concerned about Nyasha. It didn't say anything about him trying to comfort her or anything like that.

1 comment:

  1. Nice emotional connection to how Tambu feels. I feel that anyone can get into there work if they are passionate and want to do great,

    ReplyDelete